Green G5 ethernet speed and download issues.

• EDIT UPDATE: It figures, as I finsih writing this whole description (and wasting hours of troubleshooting), it hits me as to what the problem could be. IPV6!!!

So, if you're experciing this issue, a workaround can be disabling IPV6 for the ethernet controller.

To do this on Windows 11...

• Open Windows settings
    • Click Network & internet
    • Scroll down to Advanced network settings and click it
    • Click the down arrow for "Ethernet" youl'll also need to repeat these steps for "Ethernet2"
    • Scroll down to "More Adapter options" and click edit
    • A window will open, find the setting "Internet Protocol Version 6(TCP/IPv6)" and untick that setting.
    • Click OK, and your ethernet should work fine...hopefully.

IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANOTHER FIX, PLEASE POST IT UP.

END UPDATE

I recently received my Green G5. I wiped the SSD and did a clean install of Windows 11 Pro and ran Windows updates until no other update was avaiable, also installed all "other" drivers Windows update found.

After installtion I noticed a bunch of devices not recognized by Windows in Device Manager including no LAN drivers installed. I found the driver pacakage for the Green 5 (I'd link it, but lost the link). I was able to get the rest of the unidentified drivers installed by manually updating them and pointing them to the Intel Serial I/O controller folder found in the driver package. This also installed the LAN controller drivers.

I then updated the LAN Controller using Intel's Driver Release Package Version 29.0.1. This updated the Intel Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V to driver version 2.1.4.2 date: 10/3/2023.

Here's the issue I've been having. When I connect to the ethernet port, my web download speed achieves about 280Mbps which is normal, however my upload speeds are supposed to be around 280Mbps but they never surpass 1Mbps. ALSO, I cannot complete any file downloads from websites, the file will always stall and I have to keep stopping and resuming the download to get it to complete.

Another issue I get when connected via ethernet, is upon trying to run Windows updates. Updates will search for about five minutes, then error out with this error...There were some problems installting updates......(0x8024401c). However, when I connect my USB ethernet adapter all works fine.

I connected a USB-C ethernet adapter to the Green G5, and evertyhing downloads as normal, so that tells me the problem is not with the cable or my network.

There's seems to be either a ethernet driver issue with the G5 or the ethernet ports are faulty.

Please advise of a possible solution. Thank You.